🩺 Health🌍 World🦠Coronavirus

Coronavirus is Going Out of Control in Europe

كورونا يخرج عن السيطرة في أوروبا

AFP – WGOQatar Translations 

Rome: The new wave of measures to curb the outbreak of the new Coronavirus in Italy collides with the anger of a large section of the population, at a time when France looks at the possibility of tightening health restrictions on Tuesday and Wednesday, and even imposing complete isolation again in the face of the second wave of infections of the disease, which has been described as “violent”.

The epidemic appears to be out of control in some countries of the European continent, as the population did not accept the new package of measures aimed at limiting the spread of the virus, especially in Italy, which was one of the countries most affected by the health crisis in the spring. Thousands of people demonstrated on Monday evening in several Italian cities to protest the closure of restaurants and bars from six in the evening, and all theatres, cinemas and gyms for a month. Violent incidents occurred, especially in Milan and Turin, the two big cities in the north of the country, where riot police were deployed and responded to the demonstrators with tear gas. Scenes broadcast live by Italian media showed the sabotage of a number of trams, setting fire to garbage bins, overturning Bicycles and smashing storefronts.

On Tuesday, Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte is supposed to introduce support measures for sectors and professions most affected by the restrictions imposed.
But some people no longer believe in the measures. In the coastal city of Pesaro near San Maran (east), police raided a restaurant whose owner invited 90 people to dinner to express his refusal to close at six o’clock. “You can stop me, I will never close,” he said.

In neighboring France, President Emmanuel Macron meets Tuesday with the Defense Council dedicated to Covid-19, and then Prime Minister Jean Castex receives political forces, employers’ organizations and unions, before holding a second meeting of the Defense Council also dedicated to the epidemic.

“The second wave will probably be stronger than the first,” said Jean-Francois Delphresi, head of the Scientific Council that advises the French government, adding that “a large number of citizens have not yet realized what lies ahead”.

He continued, “We ourselves are shocked by the violence that has been happening ten days ago.”

An anesthesiology and resuscitation doctor in the Paris region, who refused to be named, told AFP: “We knew that a second wave was coming. You have reached. We have been preparing for it slowly since September. We are in it. Ready, but we are exhausted. ”
“We no longer think about post Covid-19, but we wonder how we will integrate this into our daily life. Sometimes we wonder if we still have the courage to be doctors to face it.”

Other European countries will follow the same path as the Czech Republic, which will impose from Wednesday a curfew from nine in the evening until 04.59 am, in a measure that will continue until the third of November.
“We have not recorded the decline that we had been hoping for in recent days,” Czech Health Minister Roman Primula told the press, adding that the recent restrictions imposed had “little effect”.
The same trend is recorded in Spain, where Catalonia indicated Monday that it is considering the possibility of residents isolating their homes at the weekend. Other Spanish regions also tightened restrictions after declaring a health emergency on Sunday for a period of 15 days. On the other hand, the Pedro Sanchez government has currently ruled out isolating residents in homes, as happened last spring.

The restrictions were also extended in Quebec, the Canadian province most affected by the epidemic, with more than a hundred thousand infections and 6,150 deaths (out of 217,000 injuries and nearly 10,000 deaths nationwide). 

أ ف ب

روما: تصطدم الموجة الجديدة من تدابير الحدّ من تفشي فيروس كورونا المستجدّ في إيطاليا بغضب قسم كبير من السكان، في وقت تنظر فرنسا الثلاثاء والأربعاء في احتمال تشديد القيود الصحية، وحتى فرض عزل تام مجدداً في مواجهة الموجة الثانية من الإصابات بالمرض التي وُصفت بأنها “عنيفة”.

ويبدو الوباء خارجا عن السيطرة في بعض دول القارة الأوروبية حيث لم يتقبل السكان الحزمة الجديدة من التدابير الهادفة إلى الحدّ من تفشي الفيروس، وخصوصا في إيطاليا التي كان من الدول الأكثر تضررا جراء الأزمة الصحية في الربيع.

وتظاهر آلاف الأشخاص مساء الاثنين في عدة مدن إيطالية احتجاجاً على إغلاق المطاعم والحانات اعتباراً من الساعة السادسة مساء وكافة المسارح ودور السينما وصالات الرياضة لمدة شهر.

ووقعت حوادث عنيفة خصوصاً في ميلانو وتورينو، المدينتين الكبيرتين الواقعتين في شمال البلاد، حيث نُشرت شرطة مكافحة الشغب وردّت على المتظاهرين بالغاز المسيّل للدموع.

وأظهرت مشاهد نقلتها وسائل الإعلام الإيطالية في بث مباشر تخريب عدد من قطارات الترام وإضرام النار في مستوعبات نفايات وقلب دراجات وتكسير واجهات محلات.

ويُفترض أن يقدّم رئيس الوزراء الإيطالي جوسيبي كونتي الثلاثاء تدابير الدعم للقطاعات والمهن الأكثر تضرراً من القيود المفروضة.

لكن البعض لم يعد يؤمن بجدوى التدابير. ففي مدينة بيسارو الساحلية القريبة من سان ماران (شرق)، دهمت الشرطة مطعماً دعا صاحبه 90 شخصاً إلى العشاء للتعبير عن رفضه الإغلاق عند الساعة السادسة. وقال “يمكنكم توقيفي، لن أغلق أبداً”.

في فرنسا المجاورة، يجتمع الرئيس إيمانويل ماكرون الثلاثاء مع مجلس الدفاع المخصص لكوفيد-19 ثم يستقبل رئيس الوزراء جان كاستيكس القوى السياسية ومنظمات أرباب العمل والنقابات، قبل عقد اجتماع ثان لمجلس الدفاع مخصص أيضاً للوباء.

وقال جان فرانسوا ديلفريسي، رئيس المجلس العلمي الذي يقدّم المشورة للحكومة الفرنسية، إن “الموجة الثانية ستكون على الأرجح أقوى من الأولى” مضيفاً أن “عدداً كبيراً من المواطنين لم يُدركوا بعد ما ينتظرنا”.

وتابع “نحن أنفسنا مصدومون من عنف ما يحصل منذ عشرة أيام”.

وقال طبيب تخدير وإنعاش في المنطقة الباريسية رفض الكشف عن اسمه، لوكالة فرانس برس”كنا نعرف أن موجة ثانية قادمة. لقد وصلت. نستعدّ لها ببطء منذ   سبتمبر. نحن فيها. مستعدون لكننا منهكون”.

وأضاف “لم نعد نفكر في ما بعد كوفيد-19، لكننا نتساءل كيف سندمج ذلك في حياتنا اليومية. نتساءل أحياناً إذا كانت لا تزال لدينا شجاعة أن نكون أطباء لنواجه ذلك”.

وتسلك الدول الأوروبية الأخرى الطريق نفسه على غرار جمهورية تشيكيا التي ستفرض اعتباراً من الأربعاء حظر تجوّل من الساعة التاسعة مساء وحتى الساعة 04,59 فجراً، في تدبير يستمرّ حتى الثالث مننوفمبر.

وصرّح وزير الصحة التشيكي رومان بريمولا للصحافة “لم نسجّل الانخفاض الذي كنا نأمله في الأيام الأخيرة” مضيفاً أن القيود التي فُرضت مؤخراً كان “تأثيرها ضئيلاً”.

ويُسجّل الاتّجاه نفسه في إسبانيا، حيث أشارت كاتالونيا الاثنين إلى أنها تنظر في احتمال عزل السكان في منزلهم في عطلة نهاية الأسبوع. وشدّدت مناطق إسبانية أخرى أيضاً القيود بعد إعلان حال الطوارئ الصحية الأحد لمدة 15 يوماً.

في المقابل، استبعدت حكومة بيدرو سانشيز في الوقت الراهن عزل السكان في المنازل كما حصل في الربيع الماضي.

وتم تمديد القيود أيضاً في كيبيك، المقاطعة الكندية الأكثر تضرراً من الوباء مع أكثر من مئة ألف إصابة و6150 وفاة (من أصل 217 ألف إصابة وحوالى 10 آلاف وفاة على المستوى الوطني).

Like
Like Love Haha Wow Sad Angry
Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
Email Format