🐎Various

Formula 1: Vietnamese Grand Prix Cancelled

إلغاء سباق جائزة فيتنام الكبرى للفورمولا ١


QNA

Hanoi: The 2020 Vietnamese Grand Prix will not be held due to the coronavirus pandemic, organizers said on Friday.

In a statement, the Vietnam Grand Prix Corporation said that this year’s Vietnamese Grand Prix will be canceled due to the virus after many talks were held with FIA – the international governing body of motor sports – and Formula 1 World Championship and Vietnamese motor sports authorities.

The Vietnam Grand Prix Corporation said: “After numerous discussions among the Federation Internationale de lAutomobile (FIA), Formula One World Championship Ltd, the Hanoi People’s Committee, and the Vietnamese Motorsports Association (VMA), the Vietnam Grand Prix Corporation (VGPC) regrets to announce that the 2020 Formula 1 Vietnamese Grand Prix will be cancelled.”

Vietnam was set to host its first ever F1 Grand Prix this season at the Hanoi Circuit on Apr. 5. But in March, the Vietnamese GP was postponed as part of measures to stem the spread of the novel coronavirus.

Then the Formula 1 revised its calendar for the 2020 season and the competition started with the Austrian Grand Prix in Spielberg on Jul. 5 rather than the Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne previously scheduled for Mar.15.

The Vietnamese GP in Hanoi had to be the third race of the 2020 season before the F1 revised its calendar due to of the pandemic.

قنا

هانوي: أعلن منظمو سباق جائزة فيتنام الكبرى /للفورمولا 1/ إلغاء البطولة التي كانت مقررة أصلا في الخامس من أبريل بحسب روزنامة 2020، قبل أن تؤجل بسبب تفشي فيروس /كورونا/، حيث سيكون على حلبة هانوي الانتظار حتى العام المقبل لتسجل بدايتها في بطولة العالم.

وقال منظمو السباق، في بيان رسمي، ” بعد العديد من المناقشات بين الاتحاد الدولي للسيارات (فيا)، بطولة العالم /للفورمولا 1/، الحكومة الشعبية في هانوي، الاتحاد الفيتنامي للسيارات، وشركة فيتنام غراند بري، يؤسفنا الإعلان عن إلغاء جائزة فيتنام الكبرى 2020 /للفورمولا 1/”، موضحا أن هذا القرار يأتي بعد التأجيل الأولي الذي اتخذ في شهر مارس من هذا العام.

وأضاف البيان “لقد كان قرارا صعبا للغاية، لكنه ضروري في ضوء استمرار حالة عدم اليقين الناجمة عن جائحة فيروس /كورونا/ المتفشية عالميا”.

وكان من المقرر أن تقام النسخة الأولى من السباق الفيتنامي في الخامس من أبريل، لكن تفشي الفيروس فرض نفسه وتسبب بإرجاء انطلاق البطولة حتى الخامس من يوليو، مع اضطرار المنظمين إلى إلغاء العديد من السباقات وإقامة سباقين متتاليين على نفس الحلبة (سبيلبرغ النمساوية وسيلفرستون البريطانية وصخير البحرينية)، أو حتى إقامة ثلاثة سباقات في بلد واحد (إيطاليا).

وأقيم حتى الآن 11 سباقا من أصل 17، مع تحديد موعد 13 ديسمبر لختام الموسم بجائزة أبوظبي الكبرى.

Like
Like Love Haha Wow Sad Angry
Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
Email Format