🌍 World

Doctors Perform Open-heart Surgery in a Burning Hospital

أطباء ينجزون عملية قلب مفتوح رغم النيران المشتعلة في المشفى

AFP – WGOQatar Translations 

Moscow: Surgeons in Russia’s far east yesterday successfully completed an open-heart surgery despite the serious blaze approaching them due to a raging fire engulfing the hospital.

The heart surgery hospital in The City of Blagoveshchensk was set on fire yesterday morning, which led to the evacuation of 128 people amid heavy smoke in the building.

At the same time, eight doctors and nurses were performing an open-heart operation on a patient on the ground floor.

“We couldn’t stop, we had to save that person’s life and we did our best,” the surgeon in charge of the operation, Valentin Filatov, told Russia 24 television. The surgery was fully completed without complications”.

“There was no moment of panic,” said Nurse Antonina Smolina of the surgical team.

Relief agencies indicated that the medical team had placed an electrical cord to power the operating room despite the power cut off from the rest of the building, and that ventilation was put in place to remove smoke from the area.

The fire caused by an electrical problem was extinguished according to the initial conclusions, without causing any casualties.

ا ف ب

موسكو: أنهى جرّاحون في أقصى الشرق الروسيّ أمس بنجاح عملية قلب مفتوح رغم النيران التي كانت تقتربُ منهم جرّاء حريق كان مُستعرًا في المستشفى.

فقد تعرّض مُستشفى جراحات القلب في مدينة بلاغوفيتشينسك لحريق صباح أمس أدّى إلى إجلاء 128 شخصًا وسط انتشار دُخان كثيف في المبنى.

وفي الوقت عينه، كان فريق من ثمانية أشخاص يجرون عمليةَ قلب مفتوح لمريض في الطبقة الأرضيّة.

وقال الطبيبُ الجراح المسؤول عن العملية فالنتين فيلاتوف لقناة «روسيا 24» التلفزيونية: لم يكن بإمكاننا التوقّف، كان علينا إنقاذ هذا الشخص وقمنا بذلك بأعلى مُستوى. العملية أنجزت بالكامل دون صعوبات.

وقالت أنتونينا سمولينا من الطاقم العلاجي: لم يحصل أي هلع.

وأشارت هيئاتُ الإغاثة إلى أنّ الفريق الطبي وضع سلكًا كهربائيًا لمدّ غرفة العمليات بالطاقة رغم قطع الكهرباء عن سائر أرجاء المبنى، كما وضعت أجهزة تهوية لإزالة الدُّخان من المكان.

وأخمد الحريق الناجم عن مشكلة كهربائية بحسب الخلاصات الأولية، دون سقوط أي ضحايا.

Like
Like Love Haha Wow Sad Angry
Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
Email Format