📱 Technology

Facebook takes aim at TikTok by letting users earn money off minute-long videos

فيسبوك تخطط لسرقة المشاهير من تيك توك لتتيح جني الأموال من مقاطع الفيديو القصيرة

Al-Sharq – WGOQatar Translations 

Doha: Facebook Inc. plans to run more advertising on shorter videos, as a part of a broader push to attract popular social-media influencers and compete with TikTok, Bloomberg reported.

Ads will appear on clips as short as one minute, after the company previously required that at least three minutes long videos were eligible for the ad, which benefits the video creator financially.

Facebook is also expanding eligibility criteria to include popular creators who primarily record live or short videos, according to kuwait’s Al-Qabas newspaper.

“We want to make sure that there is more content that can be monetized,” said Yoav Arnstein, Facebook’s director of product management. “We know that short-form video is becoming far more popular.”

Facebook takes 45% of the revenue from these ads, the other 55% will go to creators.

The changes announced Thursday may help the company lure influencers who have thrived on other platforms that specialize in short-form video, such as Snapchat and TikTok.

Facebook will also experiment with letting some creators make money from Facebook Stories, user-generated posts that disappear after 24 hours, with ad stickers laid on top, the company said.

TikTok’s surging popularity has kicked off a new battle for talented video creators, with social-media companies rushing to offer new ways to make money on their platforms.

الشرق

الدوحة: يدرس موقع فيسبوك إتاحة كسب الأموال للجمهور من خلال إنشاء مقاطع الفيديو القصيرة وعرض المزيد من الإعلانات، وذلك لجذب المزيد من المشهورين على وسائل التواصل الاجتماعي والتنافس مع تيك توك، بحسب ما أوردته وكالة بلومبيرغ.

وستظهر الإعلانات على المقاطع القصيرة التي لا تتجاوز دقيقة واحدة، بعد أن كانت الشركة تشترط أن تكون مدة المقطع 3 دقائق على الأقل، ليكون مؤهلاً لتظهر خلاله الإعلانات، والتي يستفيد منها منشئ الفيديو مادياً.

كما يخطط فيسبوك، لتوسيع معايير الأهلية لتشمل المبدعين المشهورين الذين يسجلون مقاطع فيديو مباشرة أو قصيرة بشكل أساسي، حسب موقع صحيفة القبس الكويتية.

قال يوآف أرنستين، مدير إدارة المنتجات في فيسبوك: «نريد التأكد من وجود المزيد من المحتوى الذي يمكن تحقيق الدخل منه، نحن نعلم أن الفيديو القصير أصبح أكثر شيوعًا».

ويحصل فيسبوك على 45٪ من عائدات هذه الإعلانات، في حين يحصل منشئو المحتوى على 55 % من العائدات.

وقد تساعد التغييرات التي تم الإعلان عنها يوم الخميس موقع فيسبوك في جذب المؤثرين، و الذين انتشروا عبر منصات أخرى متخصصة في الفيديو القصير، مثل سناب شات، وتيك توك.

وقالت الشركة إن فيسبوك ستختبر أيضًا السماح لبعض منشئي المحتوى بجني الأموال من قصص فيسبوك، المنشورات التي ينشئها المستخدمون والتي تختفي بعد 24 ساعة، مع وضع ملصقات إعلانية في الأعلى.

وأطلقت شعبية تيك توك المتزايدة، معركة جديدة لمنشئي مقاطع الفيديو الموهوبين، حيث تسارع شركات وسائل التواصل الاجتماعي لتقديم طرق جديدة لكسب المال عبر منصاتهم.

المصدر: al-sharq

Like
Like Love Haha Wow Sad Angry
Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
Email Format