🏆 Sport

FIFA issues its decision against Infantino in accusing him of ‘complicity’ and ‘criminal conduct’

الفيفا يصدر قراره بحق إنفانتينو في اتهامه بـ التواطؤ والسلوك الجرمي

AFP

After opening a preliminary internal investigation, FIFA’s ethics committee decided to close the case involving the indictment of its Swiss president, Gianni Infantino, by his country’s judicial authorities as “complicity” and “criminal conduct” over his meetings with retired Prosecutor Michael Lauper.

“After reviewing relevant documents and evidence,” the head of the Ethics Committee’s investigative chamber decided to “close the case due to a clear lack of evidence relating to any alleged violation of the Ethics Code,” the FIFA statement said On Wednesday.

The Swiss judiciary announced in late July the opening of a criminal investigation against Infantino, revealing that special prosecutor Stefan Keller had “reached the conclusion that… There are signs of criminal behaviour in relation to meetings between the head of the Supreme Football Commission and Lauper and another official, Reynaldo Arnold, a childhood friend of the FIFA president who became the first public prosecutor in Ho-Valais.

“This relates to the misuse of public functions, breach of official confidentiality, assistance and incitement to such acts,” the statement said.

A parliamentary committee initiated a procedure in May to remove Lauper, who is suspected of colluding with infantino over informal meetings between the two sides.

Lauper resigned after a lengthy controversy over his handling of the FIFA corruption scandal, after he was ruled out last year.

He was also punished by reducing his salary for one year for lying and “obstructing” the disciplinary investigation against him.

His resignation followed the decision of the Federal Administrative Court, to which Lauper himself had appealed the sentence imposed on him.

The court confirmed that “fundamentally violations of the prosecutor’s duties, particularly in relation to the third meeting with the PRESIDENT of FIFA, which the court also considered a serious violation of duty.”

It also explained that it had come to the conclusion that the prosecutor had “damaged the reputation” of the public prosecutor and that he was “unaware and unconvinced of the illegality of his actions”.

– “No violation of FIFA regulations” – According to a report issued by the supervisory body of the Prosecutor’s Office, Lauper, 54, who has been in charge of the proceedings related to corruption scandals in the International Federation since March 2015, “violated many functions of his office” by meeting informally and on three occasions, with Infantino in 2016 and 2017.

Both Lauper and Infantino have denied any wrongdoing, although the latter did not hide the fact that the meetings, which he described as “completely legitimate” and “completely legal,”, as FIFA also commented on the investigation opened against its president.

In its statement issued on Wednesday announcing the internal closure of the case, FIFA said: “After reports have emerged in several media sources since May 2020, the head of the Investigative Chamber of the Independent Ethics Commission has launched a preliminary investigation into some of the allegations relating to FIFA President Gianni Infantino. In addition, on June 21, 2020, a complaint was lodged against the FIFA President before the Ethics Committee on the same matter.”

“These sources referred to several alleged violations of FIFA’s code of conduct, including FIFA’s booking of a private flight from Suriname to Geneva and meetings between FIFA president and Michael Lauper…

FIFA reported that in its preliminary investigation, the independent ethics committee had examined the allegations and the swiss judiciary’s allegations in the case against Infantino, and that “after examining the relevant documents and evidence, the head of the chamber of inquiry decided… Closing the case due to a clear lack of evidence of any alleged violation of the Ethics Act.”

“Based on the information available so far, no aspect of the conduct analysed constitutes a violation of FIFA regulations and even some aspects do not fall under FIFA’s ethics law, or justify the adoption of any kind of procedure, including temporary suspension,” the supreme football body said.

ا.ف.ب:

قررت لجنة الأخلاقيات في الاتحاد الدولي لكرة القدم، بعد أن فتحت تحقيقا داخليا أوليا، إغلاق القضية التي تتعلق باتهام رئيسه السويسري جاني إنفانتينو من قبل السلطات القضائية في بلاده بـ”التواطؤ” و”السلوك الجرمي” على خلفية اجتماعاته بالمدعي العام المستقيل مايكل لاوبر.

وقال بيان فيفا الأربعاء “بعد مراجعة الوثائق والأدلة ذات الصلة”، قرر رئيس غرفة التحقيق في لجنة الأخلاقيات “إغلاق القضية بسبب الافتقار الواضح للأدلة المتعلقة بأي انتهاك مزعوم لقانون الأخلاقيات”.

وأعلن القضاء السويسري في أواخر تموز/يوليو فتح تحقيق جنائي بحق إنفانتينو، كاشفا أن المدعي الخاص ستيفان كيلر “توصل إلى استنتاج مفاده أن… هناك دلائل على سلوك إجرامي” في ما يتعلق بالاجتماعات بين رئيس الهيئة الكروية العليا ولاوبر ومسؤول آخر هو رينالدو أرنولد، صديق الطفولة لرئيس فيفا والذي أصبح المدعي العام الاول في هو-فاليه.

وأفاد البيان “هذا يتعلق بإساءة استخدام الوظائف العامة وخرق السرية الرسمية ومساعدة المخالفين والتحريض على هذه الأفعال”.

وكانت لجنة برلمانية فتحت في ايار/مايو الماضي إجراء بشأن عزل لاوبر، المشتبه في التواطؤ مع مواطنه إنفانتينو بسبب لقاءات غير رسمية جمعت الطرفين.

وقدم لاوبر استقالته من منصبه بعد جدل مطول حول طريقة تعامله مع تحقيقات فضيحة الفساد في الاتحاد الدولي الشهيرة بـ”فيفاغايت”، وذلك بعد أن استبعد العام الماضي عن هذا التحقيق.

كما تمت معاقبته بتخفيض راتبه لمدة عام واحد بسبب كذبه و”عرقلة” التحقيق التأديبي الذي استهدفه.

وجاءت استقالته بعد قرار المحكمة الإدارية الاتحادية التي لجأ إليها لاوبر نفسه للطعن في العقوبة التي فرضت عليه.

وأكدت المحكمة “بشكل أساسي خروقات في واجبات المدعي العام، خاصة في ما يتعلق بالاجتماع الثالث مع رئيس الفيفا الذي اعتبرته المحكمة أيضا انتهاكا خطيرا لواجبات العمل”.

وأوضحت أيضا أنها توصلت الى خلاصة مفادها أن المدعي العام “أضر بسمعة” النيابة العامة وأنه “غير واع وغير مقتنع بعدم قانونية أفعاله”.

– “لا انتهاك للوائح فيفا” – ووفقا لتقرير صادر عن الهيئة المشرفة لمكتب المدعي العام، فإن لاوبر (54 عاما) الذي كان مسؤولا عن الإجراءات المتعلقة بفضائح الفساد في الاتحاد الدولي منذ مارس 2015، “انتهك العديد من مهام منصبه” من خلال الاجتماع بشكل غير رسمي وفي ثلاث مناسبات، مع إنفانتينو في عامي 2016 و2017.

ونفى كل من لاوبر وإنفانتينو ارتكاب أي مخالفات، على الرغم من أن الأخير لم يخف حصول هذه الاجتماعات التي وصفها بأنها “شرعية تماما” و”قانونية تماما”، على غرار ما صدر عن الفيفا أيضا تعليقا منه على التحقيق الذي فُتِحَ بحق رئيسه.

وفي بيانه الصادر الأربعاء للإعلان عن إقفال القضية داخليا، قال فيفا “بعد ظهور تقارير في العديد من المصادر الإعلامية منذ مايو 2020، بدأ رئيس غرفة التحقيق في لجنة الأخلاقيات المستقلة تحقيقا أوليا في بعض الادعاءات المتعلقة برئيس فيفا جاني إنفانتينو. بالإضافة الى ذلك، تم في 21 يونيو 2020 تقديم شكوى ضد رئيس فيفا أمام لجنة الأخلاقيات بشأن نفس الأمر”.

وتابع “أشارت هذه المصادر الى العديد من الانتهاكات المزعومة لقواعد السلوك في فيفا، بما في ذلك حجز فيفا لرحلة خاصة من سورينام الى جنيف والاجتماعات بين رئيس فيفا ومايكل لاوبر…”.

وأورد فيفا أن لجنة الأخلاقيات المستقلة فحصت في تحقيقها الأولي بالشكل اللازم الادعاءات وما أورده القضاء السويسري في القضية التي فتحها بحق إنفانتينو، و”بعد فحص الوثائق والأدلة ذات الصلة، قرر رئيس غرفة التحقيق… إغلاق القضية بسبب الافتقار الواضح للأدلة المتعلقة بأي انتهاك مزعوم لقانون الأخلاقيات”.

ورأت الهيئة الكروية العليا أنه “استنادا الى المعلومات المتاحة حتى الآن، لا يشكل أي جانب من جوانب السلوك الذي تم تحليله، انتهاكا للوائح فيفا وحتى أن بعض الجوانب لا تندرج ضمن أحكام قانون الأخلاقيات في فيفا، أو تبرر اعتماد أي نوع من الإجراءات، بما في ذلك الايقاف الموقت”.

Like
Like Love Haha Wow Sad Angry
Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
Email Format