🌍 World

Pompeo calls for “in-depth” investigation to find out the causes of Beirut port explosion

بومبيو يدعو لفتح تحقيق “معمق” لمعرفة أسباب انفجار مرفأ بيروت

QNA – Washington:

US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo called for an “in-depth and transparent” investigation into the causes of tuesday’s explosion in the Lebanese capital Beirut, which killed 154 people, injured 5,000 others and damaged hundreds of buildings in Beirut.

“We are saddened by the loss of life in this terrible tragedy that caused immense destruction to Beirut earlier this week,” Pompeo said in a statement issued by the U.S. State Department. Those responsible must be held accountable, he said.

The statement stressed that the United States will continue to support the Lebanese people and pledges more than $17 million in humanitarian assistance for Lebanon’s relief.

Meanwhile, the White House issued a statement from U.S. National Security Adviser Robert O’Brien, saying that the United States would send, under the direction of President Donald Trump, “necessary emergency assistance to Lebanon after the horrific event.”

The first batch includes “water, food and vital medical supplies,”and more assistance will be sent later, in light of “health and humanitarian needs,” which will be determined by the U.S. Embassy in Beirut, the statement said.

The White House said USAID deployed the “Disaster Assistance Response Team” (DART) in Beirut on Friday to coordinate and provide humanitarian assistance.

Lebanese President Michel Aoun received a telephone call friday from his US counterpart Donald Trump.

According to a statement issued by the Lebanese presidency, The United States stands with Lebanon and will send aid to the Lebanese people. The US president said he would participate in the Paris conference, which was called for by his French counterpart Emmanuel Macron to support Lebanon and provide it with urgent assistance.

واشنطن- قنا:

 دعا السيد مايك بومبيو وزير الخارجية الأمريكي، إلى فتح تحقيق “معمق يتسم بالشفافية” في أسباب وقوع الانفجار الذي وقع في مرفأ العاصمة اللبنانية بيروت، يوم الثلاثاء الماضي، وتسبب في مقتل 154 شخصا وجرح 5 آلاف آخرين وتضرر مئات المباني في العاصمة بيروت.

وقال بومبيو، في بيان أصدرته وزارة الخارجية الأمريكية: “نشعر بالحزن لفقدان الأرواح في هذه المأساة المروعة التي تسببت بدمار هائل لبيروت في وقت سابق هذا الأسبوع”.. مضيفا أنه يجب محاسبة المسؤولين عن ذلك.

وأكد البيان أن الولايات المتحدة ستواصل دعمها للشعب اللبناني، وتتعهد بتقديم أكثر من 17 مليون دولار مساعدات إنسانية لإغاثة لبنان.

من جهة أخرى، أصدر البيت الأبيض، بيانا للسيد روبرت أوبراين مستشار الأمن القومي الأمريكي، جاء فيه أن الولايات المتحدة سترسل، بتوجيهات من الرئيس دونالد ترامب، “مساعدات طارئة ضرورية للبنان بعد الحدث المروع”.

وتتضمن الدفعة الأولى “مياه وأغذية وإمدادات طبية حيوية”، على أن يتم إرسال المزيد من المساعدات لاحقا، في ضوء “الاحتياجات الصحية والإنسانية”، وهو ما ستحدده السفارة الأمريكية في بيروت، بحسب البيان.

وأوضح البيت الأبيض أن الوكالة الأمريكية للتنمية الدولية نشرت “فريق الاستجابة للمساعدة في حالات الكوارث” (DART) في بيروت، الجمعة، للتنسيق وتقديم المساعدة الإنسانية.

وكان الرئيس اللبناني العماد ميشال عون، قد تلقى اتصالا هاتفيا أمس الجمعة، من نظيره الأمريكي دونالد ترامب.

وأكد ترامب، بحسب بيان للرئاسة اللبنانية، أن الولايات المتحدة تقف إلى جانب لبنان، وأنها سترسل مساعدات إلى الشعب اللبناني. وقال الرئيس الأمريكي إنه سيشارك في مؤتمر باريس الذي دعا إليه نظيره الفرنسي إيمانويل ماكرون لدعم لبنان وتقديم مساعدات عاجلة له.

Like
Like Love Haha Wow Sad Angry
Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
Email Format