🌍 World

Child dies and 700 people had food poisoning in Jordan after having shawarma

وفاة طفل وإصابة ٧٠٠ شخص بتسمم غذائي في الأردن بعد تناول الشاورما

AFP – WGOQatar – Amman:

a child has died and 700 people had food poisoning after eating shawarma meals from a restaurant in the al-Baqaa area northwest of Amman, the Jordanian Health Ministry said Wednesday that the Shawarma was germ-contaminated.

“A 5-year-old boy died of mass poisoning,” the ministry said in a statement, after he was in intensive care at the hospital and did not respond to treatment.

About 100 people were hospitalized tuesday morning after the poisoning, but the Health Ministry confirmed that as of Wednesday morning, the number of people had been poisoned had risen to 700.

“Laboratory tests carried out by specialized survey teams by the General Food and Drug Administration (SFDA) have shown bacterial contamination in meat, chicken, intercox vicals and campilopacter,” the ministry said.

“Most of the cases are good to moderate, and all of them are in good health,” Adnan Ishaq, assistant secretary general for primary health care at the Ministry of Health, was quoted as saying by the official Al-Kingdom television.

“A large number of the injured have been discharged from the hospital, with the rest to be discharged on Wednesday,” he said.

“The failure to cool poultry has spoiled the food and caused poisoning,” Isaac said.

In a statement, Prime Minister Omar al-Razaz ordered that “legal action be taken against violators in the event that any failure or violation of public health and safety conditions is proven.”

For his part, the prosecutor of the Ain al-Basha area in al-Baqaa area, northwest of Amman, arrested three people in connection with the case: the owner of the restaurant, the manager of the lounge and the worker in charge of serving meals after submitting eight complaints to the public prosecutor.

The prosecutor charged them with “causing harm” and “trading counterfeit substances (mayonnaise) in the manufacturing of substances unfit for human consumption.”

According to local news websites, the reason for the demand for shawarma meals from the restaurant whose owner was arrested was that the restaurant offered a shawarma meal for only one dinar (about $1.4).

The incident coincided with Jordan being affected by a rare heat wave in the past two days in the capital Amman.

عمان, (أ ف ب)

توفي طفل وأصيب 700 شخص بتسمم غذائي بعد تناولهم وجبات الشاورما من أحد مطاعم منطقة البقعة (شمال غرب عمان)، تبين أنها ملوثة جرثوميا بحسب ما اعلنت وزارة الصحة الاردنية الأربعاء.

واعلنت الوزارة في بيان “وفاة طفل عمره 5 سنوات متأثرا بحالة التسمم الجماعي”، بعد أن كان في العناية الفائقة في المستشفى ولم يستجب للعلاج.

وأدخل الى المستشفيات صباح الثلاثاء نحو 100 شخص إثر التسمم، إلا أن وزارة الصحة أكدت أن عدد المصابين بالتسمم ارتفع حتى صباح الاربعاء إلى 700 شخص.

وقالت الوزارة إن “الفحوصات المخبرية التي قامت بها فرق الاستقصاء المتخصصة من قبل المؤسسة العامة للغذاء والدواء أظهرت وجود تلوث جرثومي في اللحوم والدجاج جرثومة ‘انتيركوكس فيكالس’، وجرثومة ‘كامبيلوباكتر’)”.

ونقل تلفزيون “المملكة” الرسمي عن مساعد الأمين العام للرعاية الصحية الأولية في وزارة الصحة عدنان اسحق قوله إن “معظم الاصابات حالتها بين جيدة ومتوسطة، وجميعهم يتمتعون بوضع صحي جيد”.

وأشار إلى “خروج عدد كبير من المصابين من المستشفى، على أن يخرج الباقون اليوم الأربعاء”.

وقال اسحق إن “عدم تبريد الدواجن أفسد المادة الغذائية وتسبب بحالات التسمم”.

وأمر رئيس الوزراء عمر الرزاز في بيان ب”اتخاذ الإجراءات القانونية بحق المخالفين في حال ثبوت أي تقصير أو مخالفة لشروط الصحة والسلامة العامة”.

من جهته، أوقف مدعي عام منطقة عين الباشا في منطقة البقعة شمال غرب عمان ثلاثة أشخاص على ذمة القضية هم: مالك المطعم ومدير الصالة والعامل المسؤول عن تقديم الوجبات بعد تقديم ثماني شكاوى للادعاء العام.

ووجه المدعي العام لهؤلاء تهمتي “ألتسبب بالايذاء” و”تداول مواد مغشوشه (مايونيز) داخلة في صناعته مواد غير صالحة للاستهلاك البشري”.

وذكرت مواقع الكترونية اخبارية محلية أن سبب الإقبال على تناول وجبات الشاورما من المطعم الذي أوقف مالكه هو عرض وجبة الشاورما بدينار واحد فقط (نحو 1,4 دولار).

وتزامنت هذه الحادثة مع تأثر الأردن بموجة حر نادرة تجاوزت خلالها الحرارة في اليومين الماضيين 40 درجة مئوية في العاصمة عمان.

Like
Like Love Haha Wow Sad Angry
Tags
Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
Email Format
Close
Close