🩺 Health🦠Coronavirus

Coronavirus patient dies ‘after family unplugs ventilator to turn on air conditioner’

وفاة مريض بفيروس كورونا بعد أن قامت أسرته بفصل جهاز التنفس الصناعي لتشغيل مكيف الهواء

A severely ill coronavirus patient has reportedly died after his family disconnected his ventilator so they could plug in an air conditioner.

The man was being treated in an Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at MBS Hospital in Rajasthan, northern India. According to local media reports, his relatives came to visit him on Monday night.

While sitting in his hospital room they began feeling hot, so made the unbelievable decision to unplug his ventilator machine from the power source. They then plugged in an air cooler instead.

Some time later the ventilator’s battery ran out and the patient’s condition quickly deteriorated.

His family informed the doctors who performed CPR but could not save the man, and he died in hospital.

The family then reportedly verbally abused the hospital staff after his death.

Ventilators, which are used in the most severe Covid-19 cases, mechanically pump air into the lungs of someone who can’t breathe unassisted.

They typically need electricity to function, although some can use battery power.

The shocking incident at MBS Hospital comes as Rajasthan’s number of confirmed coronavirus cases rose to 13,216 with a death toll of 308.

For the whole of India the number of cases stands at 367,000, the world’s fourth-highest, and 12,237 people have died.

On March 24 Prime Minister Narendra Modi ordered the entire nation of 1.3 billion people to go into a strict lockdown, but that has eased in recent weeks.

Now India’s case numbers are rapidly rising again along with hospitalisations and deaths particularly in crowded cities like Mumbai and Delhi.

There have been reports of desperately sick people dying after being denied treatment at over-crowded hospitals, and one person was even found dead in a toilet.

The country’s testing ability is also being hampered by delays as labs are overrun.

Source: dailystar

الدوحة – الشرق:

تتوالى القصص المأساوية من أنحاء العالم حول وفاة مرضى فيروس كورونا المستجد (كوفيد-19) بسبب إهمال بعض الأهل والأقارب وعدم تقديم العناية اللازمة لهم خلال فترة العزل المنزلي.

ففي حادثة صادمة، توفي مريض بفيروس كورونا في منطقة كوتا بولاية راجاستان الهندية، بعد أن قامت عائلته بفصل جهاز التنفس الصناعي لتوصيل مبرد الهواء.

ووقع الحادث يوم الإثنين الماضي، وفقا لما نشره موقع الجزية مباشر نقلاً عن مواقع هندية اليوم الجمعة.

وقال المشرف الطبي في المستشفى لوكالة أنباء IANS الهندية الخاصة، إنه تم تشكيل لجنة بعد وقت قصير من الإبلاغ عن الوفاة، و ستقدم تقريرها مساء اليوم الجمعة.

وأضاف “لقد شكلنا لجنة للتحقيق في الحادث بناءً على المعلومات الأولية. وتضم اللجنة نائب مدير المستشفى ومدير التمريض. وسننظر في الأمر ثم سنبحث المزيد من الإجراءات ومدى الحاجة للذهاب إلى الشرطة”.

وقام أفراد أسرة المريض الذين جاءوا لمقابلته في المستشفى، بفصل جهاز التنفس الصناعي وتوصيل جهاز مبرد الهواء الذي أحضروه من الخارج للتغلب على ارتفاع درجة الحرارة. وقد استمر جهاز التنفس الصناعي في العمل لبعض الوقت اعتمادا على بطاريته، لكنه فصل في وقت لاحق وأصبحت حالة المريض حرجة.

وعندما علم الأطباء بما حدث، جاءوا مسرعين وحاولوا إنقاذ حياة المريض، لكن الأخير توفي، ليقوم أقاربه بمهاجمة الأطباء.

وقدم أحد أطباء المستشفى شكوى مكتوبة إلى المسؤولين، زاعماً أن أقارب المريض أساءوا التصرف مع الموظفين، كما دعمه أطباء آخرون قاطعوا العمل لفترة وجيزة، لكنهم استأنفوا العمل بعد ذلك.

وسجلت الهند قفزة قياسية في حالات الإصابة اليومية بفيروس كورونا المستجد اليوم الجمعة.

وأظهرت بيانات وزارة الصحة الاتحادية في الهند اليوم الجمعة تسجيل 13500 حالة إصابة جديدة خلال الساعات الأربع والعشرين الماضية مع أكثر من 300 حالة وفاة.

المصدر: al-sharq

Like
Like Love Haha Wow Sad Angry
Tags
Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
Email Format
Close
Close