Doha, 25 April, 2019 | The world’s first ANGRY BIRDS WORLD™ entertainment park marked its Grand Opening at Doha Festival City, welcoming guests into Qatar’s unique indoor and outdoor destination. Home to the world-famous Angry Birds flock, the 17,000 square metre nest brings a riot of fun for the whole family.
Following the launch of its indoor section last year, the park extends the same excitement to its enchanting outdoor section, as part of the second phase. One of the much-anticipated attractions is the Super Slingshot. At 42 metres in height, this imposing structure is hard to miss. Themed around the classic bird-flinging gameplay, the slingshot catapults guests more than 60 meters into the air, offering a truly heart-pounding experience.
Red’s House, as featured in The Angry Birds Movie, will delight guests with its quirky style while indulging little ones in sand play activities. The Raft Battle takes guests on a voyage from the Bird Island to the Piggy Island in an interactive cinematic experience. For a hearty dose of thrill, guests can climb aboard the Angry Coaster – a fast and furious ride that twists through the air.
Adventure enthusiasts can head to the park’s City Studio. The bustling adventure hub allows visitors to test their strengths with a range of activities involving wall climbing, parabolic slides, roller gliders and ropes course.
Once indoors, visitors can enjoy exhilarating rides with Blast Bomb – a drop and twist tower that features free-fall motion from a height of 11 metres, or Red Alert – a 360-degree spin ride or a laser tag battle. Amidst the range of attractions, the park also boasts the world’s first indoor/outdoor karting track and The Big Tree – a multi-level creative playground offering a variety of edutainment workshops for little ones, in addition to exciting challenges such as ropes course and zip line. Visitors can keep the energy soaring at the Trampoline Universe, comprising a basketball court, foam pit and a kids’ court.
Commenting on the opening of the Angry Birds World, Ali Bin Mohamed Bin Khalifa Al-Attia, Deputy CEO of Leisure, owner of Trimoo Parks – the company operating the entertainment park, said: “This is a proud moment for us, we are extremely delighted to open our doors to a first-of-its-kind indoor outdoor destination in Qatar and the World. Angry Birds is a universally loved brand, and we are delighted to transform the popular game into a full-fledged entertainment park. Visitors can enjoy a uniquely immersive experience that will delight the whole family – children and adults alike. The park has been developed in line with the objectives of the Qatar National Tourism Sector Strategy 2030, that aims to drive the country’s tourism. This is a world-class entertainment destination for residents and visitors across the region, which supports the nation’s vision of placing Qatar on the world tourism map.”
“The Angry Birds celebrate their 10-year anniversary this year, but our work has just begun in terms of expanding the brand’s footprint and establishing multiple touchpoints with our fans worldwide,” said Simo Hämäläinen Head of Brand Licensing at Rovio Entertainment. “Angry Birds World is a fantastic “fun for the whole family” attraction that shows the mass appeal of the Angry Birds brand and the joy it brings to people of all ages.”
Mr Robert Hall, General Manager of Doha Festival City, said: “Angry Birds World is a family favourite and we believe that our visitors will have more reasons to enjoy it with the opening of the Outdoor park. Our partnership with Trimoo Parks reflects the confidence of local and international brands in Doha Festival City as a partner of choice, and adds to our portfolio of world-class services, making us truly Qatar’s preferred family and entertainment destination.”
With family entertainment at the heart of its offerings, the park is rolling out a host of attractions that will engage and entertain one and all, including an array of F&B outlets with an exclusive angry birds themed menu. Furthermore, visitors can celebrate a spectacular birthday with two private birthday rooms. Angry Birds fans can also take home official merchandise from the cluster of retail stores across the site.
ANGRY BIRDS WORLD™ constitutes one of the three major entertainment parks that are managed by Trimoo Parks at Doha Festival City, located along Al Shamal Road. The mall is home to VIRTUOCiTY™ – the region’s first gaming capital, and soon to open SNOW DUNES™ – the country’s first indoor snow park.
- The world’s first Angry Birds World™ entertainment park
- An ultimate fun destination for the whole family
- More than 17,000 square metres of thrill & fun (6,500+ square metres indoor area, and 10,500+ square metres outdoor area)
- 20+ high-quality rides and attractions
- Key outdoor attractions: 42 metre-high Super Slingshot tower that catapults you more than 60 metres into the air; 278 metre Raft Battle river with 8 boats and a 1,125 square metre City Studio with climbing ropes and 3 roller gliders
- Key indoor attractions: More than 17 metre-high Big Tree where children learn the basics of science, improve their musical ability and develop their creative chops, a 106 metre Own the Sky roller glider, Epic Battle – where teams fight with laser guns, Trampoline Universe spanning over 1,300 square metres comprising various play areas including basketball court, foam pit, and a kid’s court, as well as 70+ arcade machines and much more
- Angry Birds GO Karting track: 261 metre indoor and outdoor racetrack (80 m+ indoor and 180+ m outdoor), 11 Go Karts available at all times. The world’s first indoor/outdoor karting track, and also the first and only multi-level karting track in the region – featuring modern positioning system technology
- Bird Day room and Celebration Lounge for festive occasions
- Multiple Food and Beverage options
- Total retail area of 450 square metres selling original and official Angry Birds merchandise
- All rides and machines are designed with the latest European safety standards set by the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA) code EN 13814
- ABW uses the TÜV certification as a benchmark for operation, safety and maintenance